Working in a team environment, the Practice Lead - Technology Services (“Practice Lead”) will be responsible for providing technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. The Practice Lead will be responsible for providing leadership and support to an established team of Architects and Engineers in the delivery of solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers’ businesses.
The Practice Lead will be a part of the SoftwareONE Country and Technology Services Leadership Teams. The Practice Lead will work with the Country Manager and Global Technology Services Director to apply the Global Service Catalogue for local execution. The Practice Lead will actively engage with Account Business Development Managers to provide input to the Account Business Plans to position SoftwareONE Services. The Practice Lead will provide thought leadership in highly complex projects/programs throughout the pre-sales and initial planning process.
The Practice Lead provides people leadership of the local Technology Services team and mentors smaller Technology Services teams and individuals to mature aligned to the Global strategy.
The successful individual must possess extensive experience across the IT industry, with extensive consulting experience across different industries, and be a self-motivator as this position is national in scope.
· People leadership of Technology Services team members in country
· Work with the Global Technology Services team to apply globally defined Services to local market
· Mentor of smaller countries to mature Technology Services capability aligned to Global strategy
· Develop local training plans to ready the local Technology Services team members for Service delivery
· Mentor Technology Services Architects and Engineers and assist them with their professional development
· Provide training to local Sales organisation of SoftwareONE Service offering, unique value proposition and local capability to deliver
· Provide input to target Account Business Plans to position SoftwareONE Services
· Provide thought leadership in highly complex projects/programs throughout the pre-sales and initial planning process
· Lead Opportunity Assessment reviews to qualify delivery risks to provide a profitable business
· Provide input to the annual budget planning exercise with Country Manager and Global Technology Services Director
· Manages and reports on chargeability of team against committed Technology Services budget
· Actively tries to understand the emerging business trends (financial, operational, technical and human) through interaction with clients and industry peers and is able to discuss them and provide inputs as and when required.
· Leads the Knowledge Management responsibilities in Country in-line with Global guidelines.
· Completes quarterly and annual people management responsibilities in-line with Global guidelines.
· Experience in Project Management delivery (PMP or PRINCE2 is desirable)
· Experience in people leadership and building a team across a matrix organisation model
· A qualified candidate possesses a strong industry vision and a deep understanding of various technologies, its integration into horizontal and vertical markets.
· A strong perspective on competition is critical to success in this role. An understanding not only of competitive technology, but fundamental changes to the software and technology business will be important. Experience working with Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, and others will help to contribute to success in the role.
· Identify potential partners which complement SoftwareONE Services and include these companies within the SoftwareONE VARassist partner program
· Demonstrated experience and expertise of using a consultative/solution selling approach to senior business decision-makers by reinforcing value of technology to customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities.
· Experience in a Solutions Integration leadership role a definite plus.