SoftwareONE – Worldwide in your neighbourhood
SoftwareONE helps clients manage all aspects of their software portfolio, with the objective of reducing complexity, costs and risks for the client, while increasing the flexibility of their IT landscape to adjust to changing business needs.
The proprietary Software Portfolio Management (SPM) methodology covers all aspects of a customer’s software lifecycle:
• Embedding of business requirements in a Software Portfolio Strategy
• Optimization of procurement processes and licensing terms of deployed software
• Management of the client’s software requirements, as well as provision of software. Ensuring compliance of existing contracts.
Globally headquartered in Stans, Switzerland with a local presence in 82 countries, our 3000 technology consultants help our customers optimize all aspects of their software portfolio, leveraging our extensive technical and commercial expertise and strong knowledge of and relationships with all main publishers, such as Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, VMware, Oracle, Citrix, Symantec, McAfee, and many more.
Our mission is to fully realize and maintain the status as the Premier Global Software Portfolio Management Provider
serving the needs of our customers and enable them with the ability to leverage our organization’s extensive expertise to
meet your strategic business initiatives.
• Lead remote configuration of VMware Horizon and Horizon Cloud, including all relevant 3rd party technical components. These deployments will be focused on deployments leveraging VMware's cloud-based Horizon technologies.
• Lead mobile data terminal, client software installation and configuration activities.
• Support mobile application and console implementation efforts, including application configuration, testing, and issue resolution, both on-site at the client location and remotely.
• Lead end-user training efforts, including creation of user documentation and hands-on training exercise(s), for both operational and technical users.
• Support and / or lead multiple customer implementations concurrently.
• Support Workspace ONE and/or AirWatch software quality assurance activities, including testing and documentation of product issues.
• Establish clear, accurate project timelines and schedules; monitor progress against schedule; build in and execute contingency plans as necessary.
• Proactively troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during implementation.
• Update and maintain project issues list, which includes prioritizing issues.
• Actively seek out opportunities to teach others; coach team members to achieve higher performance.
3-5 years professional experience in a client facing or consulting role.
• B.S. degree in an engineering and / or technical discipline from an accredited college / university required.
Computer Science, Computer / Electrical Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering.
• Experience with Workspace ONE and/or AirWatch cloud-based deployments preferred.
• Experience with VMware Horizon View and/ Or Citrix Xenapp / XenDesktop
• Experience with enterprise mobility management, mobile information management, mobility security
• Experience with policy management on mobile devices
• Experience with Desktop imaging in Windows 7 / Windows 10
• Experience with Application packaging and application delivery
• Experience with User Environment management technologies
• Strong understanding of specific device platforms preferred (Android, iOS, Windows 10)
• Experience in Product Management, Project Management, or Change Management preferred.
• Technical design and documentation experience preferred.
• Experience with server configuration a plus: Windows Server 2012R2 / 2012 / 2008, Linux Forms (Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, OpenSUSE), Web server platforms (IIS, Apache).
• Experience with database configuration a plus: SQL Server 2014 / 2012 / 2008R2.
• Experience with scripting languages a plus, particularly PowerShell.
• Understanding of mobile device communication and web application structure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to explain technical topics in simple terms; is able to think quickly and react to client-impacting situations.
• Technical and creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
• Ability to complete tasks with limited direction.
• Interest in mobile device community and leading mobility technology.
• Takes initiative to successfully complete projects and promote company advancement.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).